Caring, Kind, Friendly and Safe…
Our part time Learning Support Teacher Ms Miller has resigned. We wish her well and good health. In her place, we have Ms Hamm (Th), Mme Paquette (Fri) and Ms Morris (every other Wed) taking parts of the LST position
Scholastic French Bookfair/Festival du Livre
Thank you to Ms Cornish and the parents for a successful French Bookfair.
Inspiration Speaker – Michael Bortolotto
Thank you to Michael Bortolotto for the inspirational assemblies. Thank you to Heather Feeney for arranging his visit.
We are pleased to offer a Vancouver Symphony Orchestra Concert to the primary students on Mar 6th. It is an opportunity for our students to experience various genre of orchestral music at the Orpheum.
Carlos del Junco
Carlos del Junco is a Cuban Canadian who started to play harmonica at age 14. He is an award-winning harmonica player who specializes in jazz and blues. We are fortunate to host a concert on Mar 11th at 2 pm.
We are looking forward to celebrate our Multicultural Day on Mar 12th. The Leadership class will be planning various activities. There is a form going home so please fill it out and bring it back to the teachers. We will need help from the families.
Parking Lot Safety
We are noticing a lot of congestion in the parking lot and the roundabout. Please follow these guidelines for everyone’s safety and convenience:
- Do NOT park in the roundabout – if your child is not ready to get into your car, please go park
- Use parking spots that are designated – no parking on grass, side of the construction site, bus lane etc.
- Do NOT park in the bus lane – we need the lane left open for the bus
Thank you for your cooperation. We want all of you to be safe.
No more hassles with cash or cheque. We encourage all parents to register for online payments.
Follow us on Twitter @SQELearning
Announcers: Katrina Read, Winter Robichaud
Office Monitors: Joy Lee, Molly Haldenby
Mon, Mar 4th
- Earthquake drill – 11:50 am
- Popcorn day
Tues, Mar 5th
- BOKS – am
- Floor hockey – lunch
- Dream Team – lunch
Wed, Mar 6th
- Primary students at the VSO
Thurs, Mar 7th
- BOKS – am
- Dance Club – lunch, music room
- Leadership meeting – lunch to plan Multicultural Day
- Big Brothers Big Sisters – 2 pm
Fri, Mar 8th
- Clan meeting – Responsibility – 11 am
- Floor Hockey – lunch
- Glee Club – lunch, music room
- Drumming group – pm
Sun, Mar 10
- Daylight Savings – Spring forward 1h
Enjoy your weekend!
Ji Ai Cho, Principal