Caring, Kind, Friendly and Safe…
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Do you like singing and dancing? Then the Glee Club is for you. It’s open to Gr. 3 to 6 on Wed at lunch in the Music room. Melissa Braun from the SAM will be directing. Thank you to the PAC for sponsoring.
Floor Hockey for Gr. 5/6
The Gr. 5/6 students practice on Tues and Thurs at lunch. Thank you to Mr. Dion and Ms Vanessa for coaching. Our first game is a home game on Tues afterschool against GHE.
Community Christmas Care
We are collecting no-perishable food items, treats, unwrapped new toys, gift cards for making up hampers for the Community Christmas Care. Thank for your generosity.
Ecole Squamish Elementary Writing Day
Friday, November 29th
Dig out your Christmas cards and address books because all of the students in Grades K-6 are planning a special “Writing Day” on Friday, November 29th! You are invited to join your child in writing to friends and relatives for the holiday season. We’ll supply writing paper and envelopes. Stamps and Christmas cards will be on sale. We encourage you to bring along any family members or friends so that every student has someone to write with them. Wear your PJs to help get into the cozy winter holiday spirit!
- We will start at 9:10 a.m. on November 29th. Students and their families will have the option of writing in the gym or their classrooms.
- Every child needs to have their own address information for the day. (K and Gr. 1 students should bring pre-addressed envelopes if a parent cannot attend.)
- For those of you who do not celebrate Christmas we encourage you to have your children write family letters.
- We will be accepting letters to Santa. There is no cost to send Santa a letter. Santa’s address is: Student Name, Teacher name, Santa Claus, North Pole, H0H 0H0
- Cost of Stamps is Canada $1, USA $1.20 and International $2.50. Christmas Cards can be purchased at $.25 for small and $.50 for large.
French Book Sale
Come to visit the French Book sale on Fri, Nov 29th (Writing Day) from 8:30 to 10:30 am. There will be a wide variety of easy readers, picture books, novels, graphic novels and activity books all in French. Cash only please.
The Library is looking for Volunteers for the Savoir French book Sale! If you are available to help sell books from 8:30-9:30 or 9:30-10:30am on November 29th please email Ms. Antonios at email@example.com
The 5 book Challenge!
This November the Library is having a reading contest, the 5 book Challenge! Can you read a science book about an animal, a book written before 1990, a book that’s been made into a movie or TV show, a book by a Canadian Author, and a book that is part of the Remembrance Day display?
If you want to be part of the challenge, pick up an entry sheet the next time you are in the library, record the books you’ve read and return your sheet to the Library before Dec 6th to be entered into the contest! There will be prizes for several winners!
Elf Workshop – Monday Dec 9
PAC will be hosting our ever popular Elf Workshop again this year. Please take a few minutes to gather items that you are no longer using and drop them at the school office. Your support is greatly appreciated and required to make this event a success. Exact details of the event will be communicated in the coming weeks.
Have a few spare hours? We are looking for volunteers for the event. It really is a lot of fun. Come help wrap and get into the holiday spirit. https://www.volunteersignup.org/CM4AH?fbclid=IwAR3xgcK0w0uPbIeB0yTvtnHcAMXCmyfb7Am7eG9EhWDxVrn3zT-B0dIqxJ4
Follow us on Twitter @SQELearning
Announcers: Gene and Ailish
Office Monitors: Estelle and Melanie
Playground Buddies for Kindergarten Students: Zach, Natalie, Hudson, Amelia, Eilidh, Kayden, Danielle
Mon, Nov 25th
- Community Christmas Care starts
- Games Club – lunch in Mr. Hackett’s class
Tues, Nov 26th
- BOKS am
- Floor hockey – lunch
- Floor hockey game – afterschool
Wed, Nov 27th
- Glee Club – lunch in the Music room
Thurs, Nov 28th
- BOKS – am
- Floor hockey – lunch
- Drumming group – 2:30 pm
Fri, Nov 29th
- PJ Day
- Santa Writing Day
- French book sale – 8:30 to 10:30
- Primary Art Club – lunch in Mme Lazar’s class
Enjoy the weekend!
Ji Ai Cho, Principal