What’s Happening at SQE week of Feb 3rd to 7th
Caring, Kind, Friendly and Safe…
COEUR-O-GRAMMES for sale! (heart cards)
The Leadership students will be selling them in the lobby a week prior to V-day up until Feb 13th. 1$ per card. They can be addressed to anyone in the school, anonymous or not. We will be delivering the cards to the students on Feb 14th in the afternoon.
Three on Three Basketball
We hosted our first 3 on 3 tournaments yesterday with MQE. Thank you to Mr. Parker and Mr. Dion for coaching. Practices are on Mon and Wed at lunch.
There will be fire drill on Monday at 11:50 am.
Spirit wear/Blue & white day/Popcorn Day
On Monday, wear your spirit wear or the school colours blue and white. Also it’s popcorn day. Bring a loonie for a bag.
Friday is a Professional Development Day. School is closed for students.
During the month of February, the Library is collecting used children’s books to sell in a used book sale! If you have any children’s books you are ready to part with the Library would be happy to accept your donations.
The Library Book Review Challenge continues! We have over a hundred entries so far! Complete a Book Review sheet from the Library for every book you read and submit it back to the Library to be entered. Tell us what you think of each book and give it a rating out of 5 stars! Each completed Book Review is an entry into a book draw. All of the entries are being displayed in and around the Library so take a look if you’re searching for a good book! The Challenge ends February 28th.
Please follow the SQE Library on Instagram sqe_library or Twitter @SQE_library to see photos and keep up with all the events in the Library.
Festival du Livre is coming to SQE from February 19th-21st! This scholastic book sale is primarily French books and a great opportunity for our french immersion parents to stock up for their home libraries. The sale will be open from 8:30-8:55am and 3:00-3:30pm daily. Check out a sneak peak of available books in the front foyer.
Parents who are able to volunteer to sell books during the Festival du Livre please email Ms. Antonios at firstname.lastname@example.org with a time you are available!
Library Days and Hours
The Library is open daily 8:30-8:50 – Parents welcome!
School wide book exchange is from 9-9:20 daily with a Library pass
The Library is open to students at lunch hour with a Library pass
Come enjoy a good book!
We are finding the parking lot and the round-about very congested at drop off and pick up times. Please remember to park in designated spots and not park in the round-about. Please do not stop in the middle of a lane and please be courteous to other parents. We thank you for your consideration and patience.
Follow us on Twitter @SQELearning
Announcers: Juliet and Brielle
Office Monitors: Matthea and Azzy
- Missoula was a great success. PAC was able to contribute funds to cover casting costs, for all students.
- Progress on the Outdoor Classroom continues. Plans for seating, landscaping and break-out areas will be completed as next steps. A grant for $5000 was received from Woodfiber LNG in January. As well, PAC contributed $3000 towards a clan focused art project for the gazebo.
- PAC contributed to the Howe Sound Secondary Scholarship Fund – which is available to current HSS students with an interest in art that have attended ESE in the past.
- PAC purchased additional furniture for our school library. It should be arriving mid-February. Stop by and check it out.
- Keep up to date on upcoming events by joining our Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/EcoleSquamishElementary/
- Interested in getting involved with PAC? We have lots of great opportunities for volunteering. Contact Colleen at email@example.com
Mon, Feb 3rd
- Spirit Day/Blue white day
- Popcorn Day
- Fire drill – 11:50 am
- Games Club – lunch in Mr. Hackett’s class
- 3 on 3 Basketball – lunch
Tues, Feb 4th
- BOKS – am
Wed, Feb 5th
- 3 on 3 Basketball – lunch
Thurs, Feb 6th
- BOKS – am
- Coding Club – lunch
- Drumming group – 2:30 pm
Fri, Feb 7th
- ProD day
Enjoy the weekend!
Ji Ai Cho